About Me

My photo
Lot, France
Married to Lindsay for thirty four years and father of Matthew, Erin and Adam. Starting the next chapter of my life with Lindsay in south west France.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Le vent, le vent, le grand vent....


Mon dieu, after two days of torrential rain we were hit in the early hours by "le vent", and, with apologies to Bruce Springsteen, "it blowed away, it blowed away, my French home it blowed away'- well not quite. The potager is now a paddy field and the prospective chicken run is now a duck pond.

Chicken run -now duck pond
........ and there is a strange looking man wearing a mask, rowing around in the cellar singing, "All I Ask of You" in a very operatic voice- I think he must have been washed down from Paris! I have told Lindsay to stay away from the cellar at all costs.

Potager(paddy field)

It is a little calmer and drier now so hopefully the worst is over and after watching the tv news channels we seemed to have been spared the worst of the storm. Serves us right, only last week we were talking about the fact that we were rarely troubled by wind here------perhaps I should rephrase that.
Yesterday we visited Brive with John and Jackie, continuing Lindsay's preliminary search for her wedding outfit. We were unsuccessful this time but I'm sure we will return in the near future. We found a very nice bistro -Bistrot du Boucher- http://www.bistrotduboucher.fr/ John and I had a fantastic Limousin steak, beautifully cooked, while Lindsay and Jackie had Cabillaud with a wonderful sauce. She can't remember what is was and refuses to think about it because she says it's boring and I'm beginning to sound like Michael Winner and should be very worried. On that note perhaps I should now tune into "Final Score".




2 comments:

  1. Blimey! Good thing there were no chickens in the chicken run. Maybe ducks would be a safer investment?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard you were having trouble with abit of wind.....top news on BBC World!!
    Hope you dry out soon.

    ReplyDelete