About Me

My photo
Lot, France
Married to Lindsay for thirty four years and father of Matthew, Erin and Adam. Starting the next chapter of my life with Lindsay in south west France.

Friday, May 1, 2009

Vive la fete du muguet......................

We returned from sunny UK on Sunday, mission accomplished- wedding outfit found and purchased, to torrential rain and the potager once again under much water- hope the pommes de terre that I planted a few weeks ago can swim. I also found that my laptop had passed away in my absence, hence the blog delay. I have had to wind up my old desk top and sort out problems with internet security! But what a difference a few days make, the sun shines again and the waters recede enough for a few tentative steps into the garden. And -yes it's good to be back home.


Today is 'la fete du travail' (workers day) and a public holiday here in France, and the sun has shone all day. It is also 'la fete du muguet'and the tradition is that people present loved ones and friends with a small posy of lily of the valley for happiness and good luck. This is a photograph of the posy that our neighbour Bernadette gave us this afternoon. It looks and smells wonderful.
The blossom is looking beautiful everywhere just now, and none more so than the lilac tree at the side of our house. Last year it produced very little in the way of flowers but this year it is superb, and smells wonderful, especially in the early evening.




2 comments:

  1. Yeah!! I'd heard about the wedding outfit, funny how Linz was attracted to same designer that my friend had recommended to me.
    You may scoff at allotment but wait and see...I'm going to add some more pics today, if I can raise my arms high enough. Bit achey from yesterdays marathon work out in the jungle.....
    You know you're welcome to come and enjoy the view with me whenever you want. The ouzo is homemade...delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crikey you got some rain in the trenches!! It is cold here today so i lit the woodburner!

    ReplyDelete